Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Last Weekend

Last weekend was pretty eventful for me despite the Super Bowl. In fact, we watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet instead. Anyway, we took my longest trip yet to Iowa. I still get anxiety attacks when forced to go for long rides in the car which manifest themselves in horrific drooling attacks and finally a good barf. It really took me a good 24 hours to recover my strength so now I can blog my weekend experiences.

Erin and Me
The travel travail was worth it when we arrived at the grandchildren's house. Those two little ones, Kelby and Erin, are great to play with. We were there for Erin's first birthday and she just goes bezerk when she sees me. This time was a little better though. She didn't hit me as much and I knew what to expect. Then, there was the added bonus of the tossing of the food from her high chair and cleaning up after her. Ah, my first birthday cake crumbs. Here I am with the little doll and Dad.

I made myself right at home in their house. I scooted up the stairs the first night after Dawn and was ready to sleep with them on their bed! That was, after I checked to be sure Erin was sleeping safely in her room. I was promptly returned to the basement to sleep with Mom, Dad and Kelby.

There were some great new things to see in their neighborhood. The most exciting was catching sight of a rabbit. Man, did I need to give chase.

No comments: